Something I dont understand about cave story.

Oct 20, 2016 at 3:36 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Ok im sure every cave story fan knows if they want to get the good ending they have to ignore the professor when hes falling to the ground. Now the thing is if you go cheak on him he gives you a booster pack and dies. If you ignore him later on he comes back to the village and gives you a better booster pack? Seriously? Why? And if you cheak on him you cant obtain the tow rope to save curly from the water after the boss fight? Why? What does Booster have to do with anything with the tow rope to save curly? And why does he come back if I dont cheak on him and dies when I do? Ive been a long cave story fan but I dont get anything about that part of the story..

Oct 20, 2016 at 4:17 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not 100% certain on this. The tow rope and Dr. Booster really have nothing in common except that there is no "save curly, kill Dr. Booster" ending in the game. There's just a good end so saving the first one possible — ie. Dr. Booster — is the only way you'll be able to save all of the other characters and get the "save everyone possible" or good end.

As for why he dies once you check on him, the teleporter near Dr. Booster is revealed to be fixable but it is unknown exactly where it leads. There is speculation that wherever it leads, the booster is needed for him to escape. Even if it leads to nowhere important, a robot can't leave where the doctor is without the booster, I doubt a human would be able to. With this in mind, it's likely that Dr. Booster needs the booster for himself to be able to escape and not be stuck forever.

Let me know if I missed anything, I also find this kinda intriguing about the game. :)

Oct 20, 2016 at 4:21 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
You need the booster 2.0 to access hell, so the towrope becomes unavailable to you because the best ending is no longer available.

As for Booster his will to survive is tied to the completion of the booster (according to Pixel). Not to mention he effectively passes the metaphorical torch to you, which means he loses the drive to survive anyway. Cue death flag.

Oh, and the teleporter leads to Arthur's House.

Though I'm pretty sure we have a thread on this subject already.

Oct 20, 2016 at 5:45 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Oct 20, 2016 at 1:14 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."