Undertale

Nov 15, 2015 at 7:57 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I added some new songs to the Pxtone folder.
  • Death by Glamour
  • Once Upon a Time
  • Home (Music Box)
I also made an ORG folder where you'll find multiple new Undertale ORGs:
  • Sans
  • Spear of Justice
  • Battle Against a True Hero
  • Finale
  • ASGORE (wasn't at all happy with how this one turned out)

Nov 17, 2015 at 12:48 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Soooo I got around to playing this (true pacifist ending) about... a week ago now jesus that went fast :droll: The battle design is really something, it's innovative enough to start with but all the different modes and the way they're used together makes every encounter feel unique in its own way (the first time, at least).
most of the game looks great, especially the in-battle stuff and the shops, but occasionally there'll be an oddly janky-looking sprite or background somewhere... or everywhere, considering the main character and their elf shoes are more or less omnipresent.

Despite the amount of depth, the game does feel like it's spread a little thin in places. Having the Hotlands take up a whole third of the game wasn't the greatest choice. I think Toriel deciding to start a school at the end is perhaps more thematically apt than intended, because it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to refit the characters into a high school setting. They're even all on social media by then, ready for the new world indeed :orangebell:

I'm still uncertain how I feel about the save-tracking too, even knowing what I had to do I was being over-careful with battle and dialogue choices for fear of breaking something. I don't really feel compelled to try a genocide run for myself (I know what happens in it now anyway) or to even touch the game again for a while.
Not that I have any severe complaints, it's mostly worth the praise and has a lot of great moments, although if I had to I'm not sure I'd rate it higher than Lisa.
Now back to waiting for Mother 4 to come out wooooo

Nov 21, 2015 at 12:32 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Nov 22, 2015 at 7:43 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
guess u werent very determined to finish it then, were you

Nov 24, 2015 at 2:52 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I don't know how to embed links into text sorry
It's [ URL=(insert link url here) ] (insert link text here) [ /URL ] minus the spaces.

Nov 28, 2015 at 6:29 PM

I made a video featuring my Pxtone cover of Dummy! Please excuse the lagginess, it's the first time I've made a half decent video.

Nov 29, 2015 at 8:39 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
p210140-0-0dc.png

Nov 29, 2015 at 11:58 PM
p210140-0-0dc.png
Seems legit.

I finished playing Undertale a few days ago. It was pretty good. Not the greatest game I've ever played, but certainly pretty high on the list. (Detecting inbound hate)

I find it funny that some people cried at the (true pacifist) ending, and I was like "This is going to end well. Until it doesn't, at which point the humans will nuke the monsters. But that's for a different day."

Using the game files to make a copy of the OST is apparently a complete pain in the ass.

Nov 30, 2015 at 12:10 AM
You're gonna have a bad time (in Pxtone) - Megalovania

Link to the actual PTCOP.

Nov 30, 2015 at 12:41 AM
Last edited:
Nov 30, 2015 at 5:19 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I went into this game completely blind and because of that I was completely blown away by how the game remembers so much just with that tiny INI file. It's an amazing piece of Game design.

I actually had no idea how you get the good ending at first and killed everything up to Toriel where I realised what to do. Unfortunately I had already killed her and my heart kind of sank until I beat Flowey and was told if I go and not kill anything I could get a good ending

That little flower is so full of himself. I had to play the game 3 stupid times to finally get the good ending. But it was very worth it.

I beg anyone who reads this although it may be too late to play the game completely blind and do whatever they want throughout it to get their own unique ending. DON'T LOOK AT THE SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THIS GAME YET.

Nov 30, 2015 at 8:35 PM
https://soundcloud.com/todd-epicjubjub-jordan/undertale-death-by-glamour

it took 2 days but it was worth it

EDIT:

I'd appreciate if you asked to use my ORG first, or at least give credit...

@Shade of a Wave I didn't? I used sheet music I found on MuseScore. If it's similar than I guess that person discredited you or its a coincidence. Do you want the link to it?

EDIT:

Nevermind, someone flagged it and it got taken down. That's peculiar, none of the other Undertale stuff gets taken down. I swear to you that I used sheet music though.

Last edited: