Cave Story 3D in the eShop

Nov 23, 2015 at 6:43 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I just checked the American eShop right now. "Available at your local retailer."

Nov 23, 2015 at 7:38 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Really? Since when?
Since a number of years ago. Sorry about that, it was something I probably should have mentioned at the start of this thread.

Nov 23, 2015 at 7:49 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Since a number of years ago. Sorry about that, it was something I probably should have mentioned at the start of this thread.
Do you actually mean that CS3D can actually be bought in Australian eShop? Since it can be found here but not actually be bought as it is "unavailable".

Nov 24, 2015 at 4:24 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Supposedly they were supposed to put it one the eShop, but I don't think it ever happened anywhere except Australia. I live in America, and last time I checked it wasn't there.
By the way, I really enjoy playing Cave Story 3D. It was rough on the edges, but if you really think about it, they probably reused the original engine and heavily modified it. I'm serious, I think it uses TSC. That may be why the game didn't have the best animations and things.

Nov 24, 2015 at 5:40 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
I just checked(yes I know I was supposed to do this yesterday) and the European version is still unavailable in the eShop.
Even if it was, I wouldn't buy it, I'm not going to pay €45 just for a 3D version of Cave Story, especially with the criticism around.

Nov 27, 2015 at 8:39 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Even if it was, I wouldn't buy it, I'm not going to pay €45 just for a 3D version of Cave Story, especially with the criticism around.
I would since it gives great replayability value to the Cave Story game. Even with the rather PS1 looking character models there are still awesome 3D environments and a great soundtrack. I would rather enjoy experiencing Cave Story one more time in a different way than one more time as I've already experienced it. :O

Nov 27, 2015 at 12:23 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
If you have played vanilla CS to death then CS3D gives the game a new lease of life. The character models may be terrible and there are some rather minor bugs, but the UI, backgrounds, and facepics are beautiful, the music does CS justice, and the game has new areas, new upgrades and a rebalancing to match.

Nov 27, 2015 at 12:27 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
If you have played vanilla CS to death then CS3D gives the game a new lease of life. The character models may be terrible and there are some rather minor bugs, but the UI, backgrounds, and facepics are beautiful, the music does CS justice, and the game has new areas, new upgrades and a rebalancing to match.
I indeed heard the music thanks to internet(although I like the Wii's version a bit better in my opinion, although some things are still pretty good.), and the backgrounds that I have seen in the eShop video and the UI indeed looks good.
In my opinion though, I find the price of 45€ a bit too much for me.
Also, I kinda hate the touch screen's BG a little.
I am actually pretty okay with bugs, in fact, I like them as long as they don't do anything bad.

Nov 28, 2015 at 12:57 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
In my opinion though, I find the price of 45€ a bit too much for me.
Agreed. I really dunno why they didn't re-realse the game with a reduced price in the eShop after all this time. Wouldn't really cost them much to do and probably they could make some good profit with the right marketing.

As of now it's kinda sitting uselessly around in their posession doing nothing significant anymore. :p