Undertale

Oct 7, 2015 at 2:59 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Snowdin Town

Not really sure if I picked the right instruments. Probably not. Partially by ear, partially through sheet music.

Sounds okay, the instruments could use some work. The tracks seem pretty shrill which goes away from the calmer feel of the original, especially for track 1. I haven't gone through the original and compared for notes you've mixed up but track 7 sounds pretty off and I think the 4th note in bar 8 of track 3 is another G#.

I made a very short loop for But the Earth Refused to Die, may have used too much detuning: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8d5qweuwnhbamfg/But the Earth Refused to Die.org?dl=0

Oct 7, 2015 at 7:28 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Snowdin Town

Not really sure if I picked the right instruments. Probably not. Partially by ear, partially through sheet music.

You're missing some notes in track 1 in the first 8 bars, as well as some of the accompanying notes being off as well. Here's my attempt at fixing the first 8 bars: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6uhvob5r75mpbu3/Snowdin_Town-mod.org
I didn't try fixing the rest, but the rest is mostly minor errors, as far as I can tell. And as Takeshi said, I would maybe pick some different instruments than the ones you have right now.

I made a very short loop for But the Earth Refused to Die, may have used too much detuning: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8d5qweuwnhbamfg/But the Earth Refused to Die.org?dl=0

This sounds alright (about as good as it can be in orgmaker). I don't think you used too much detuning.

I'm working on a pxtone cover of Spider Dance, which I'll probably be posting later today (it's just about done).

Oct 7, 2015 at 8:08 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
If someone could do a PxTone or ORG of Death by Glamour, I would love them for all eternity.

EDIT:

WOAH just red a bunch of shit that is really terrifying. So, lots of spoilers.

For starters...

If you complete a Genocide Run your game is permanently tainted by the evil child, even after a true reset. Albeit only the epilogue after the credits changes, but it's terrifying.

Also, the mysterious case of...

Seriously, this whole conspiracy is fucking creepy. Search it up online, there's a Steam article about it.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2015 at 4:42 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
If you complete a Genocide Run your game is permanently tainted by the evil child, even after a true reset. Albeit only the epilogue after the credits changes, but it's terrifying.

That's only if you wait for 10 minutes after the game has been "erased", and if you accept the offer from Chara (official name of the "evil child), that is, only if you give them your SOUL to play again.

Witness the power of pxtone.

And here's the file, if anyone wants to peek at the insides: https://www.mediafire.com/?3ljbys25ptobj5x

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2015 at 8:12 PM
Oct 17, 2015 at 2:45 AM
Professional Whatever
What gender I imagine the character being and what gender the character looks like are two very different questions

Oct 17, 2015 at 4:07 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
it's ambiguous on purpose

Oct 17, 2015 at 4:33 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
then whats the point of the poll

Oct 17, 2015 at 10:17 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I think it would have been a better idea to ask "what gender did you think the character was" considering that, as Noxid said, the character was made to look ambiguous. For example, I thought the character was a boy.

Oct 17, 2015 at 10:45 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I'll take a fourth option

Chara looks male, Frisk looks female

Oct 17, 2015 at 11:43 PM
Always thought Frisk looked more like a girl.

Chara looks more male, but the name is female. "Chara" means "joy" in Greek (ironically). 1,607 people in the United States are named Chara and 99.9% of them are female.

Also, more ORGs! Check them out here.

Contents:
  • Bonetrousle
  • Oh! One True Love
  • Quiet Water
  • But Nobody Came (original Quiet + Once Upon a Time mashup)

Oct 18, 2015 at 12:30 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."

Contents:
  • Bonetrousle
  • Oh! One True Love
  • Quiet Water

how are you so good at this

Oct 18, 2015 at 12:46 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I still haven't played Undertale yet (that'll change when I get the chance to buy a Steam gift card), but I'm stupid and decided to read through this thread anyway.

Thank you all for not posting spoilers! :3

Oct 18, 2015 at 2:18 AM
Oct 18, 2015 at 5:11 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator

Chara looks more male, but the name is female. "Chara" means "joy" in Greek (ironically). 1,607 people in the United States are named Chara and 99.9% of them are female.
I'm pretty sure "Chara" is the default name mainly because it's short for "Character", as in the "Player Character". Although it's the "official name" accepted by the fandom, it's a name that's not actually supposed to exist, since it's always filled in by the player. It's only really official in the special message you get if you choose it, the fact that it's in the preview screenshots, and that it's what the game fills in if somehow your savefile's name is blank.

Contents:
  • Bonetrousle
  • Oh! One True Love
  • Quiet Water

"Oh! One True Love" and "Quiet Water" sound pretty good, but Bonetrousle has the timing/length of the notes all wrong (and the chords of the main accompanying part are wrong too).

Rather than point them out in the org, I figured it might be faster/funner to just make a pxtone and show you there: http://girakacheezer.tumblr.com/post/131394268681/i-made-another-pxtone-cover-this-time-of-nyeh

(here's the pxtone file for it: https://www.mediafire.com/?ypq2jzv1vt9t6s7 )